Monday, December 5, 2011

Manipuri Dishes- Kangshoi

Nothing can beat a kangshoi when it comes to old time favorite food anytime of the year.
It's organic,It's simple and very healthy
Kangshoi was the only Dish Mom did cook for me to cheer me up when i was a little kid.
It's so plain simple that my siblings don't prefer it much but yes! it my fav unconditionally and unseasonably!!
Ingredient:
1. Fish sauce or Fermanted fish (Ngari)
2.Smoked fish
3. Lots of green vegetables like beans/peas/ and many other leafy ones like the mustard/spinach/cabbage.
4. Potato (optional). I say it optional as i often don't like to add them but the origin of the food name originated due to the potato only. Kang means Round. Shoi means to cut. The potatoes in this curry are cut in flat round shapes. Hence the food derive it's name. My dad told me that in Japanese Round shape is called Katachi . We derive the word "Kang" from "Katachi" . We are still the yellow asians though we are Indians now

5. Water
6. salt

Procedure:
1. Heat the water. I avoid putting oil as i prefer eating it this way. Other wise one can fry the onions and vegetables first.
2. When the water is warm, add the vegetables and the fermented as well as the smoked fishes
3. Bring them to boil well. Add the salt
4.Serve hot with white rice!!

Yummy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment